Great pay, excellent benefits, home time, great equipment, and honest and courteous employees are all reasons to join Schulz Transportation. Our benefits provide for our employees and their families, and rewards drivers who give us extra effort. If you’re looking for a place that treats you with respect where you can work hard and get home weekly, this is the place for you! Please fill out an application or contact us to answer your questions.
What makes us different from any other trucking company? First of all, not every driver will be a perfect match for our company. The type of driver who is happiest here will want to work hard when away from home and be able to spend time at home every week. Our drivers are typically home a minimum of 34 hours every week and still travel 3,200+ miles weekly. To be able to get home every week, our drivers are expected to make the absolute most out of their legal drive time.
HOME TIME: Trucking and home life, historically, have not worked very well together. We feel like we do an excellent job making them more compatible and work hard to make sure our drivers are home when they need to be home. We strive to help our drivers generate good income for their families and still have the time at home to be able to enjoy it with them.
GREAT PAY: Our drivers average annual income is $72,500, which exceeds the refrigerated industry average of $65,000. We pay our drivers based on actual odometer miles and pay for extra drops, extra pick-ups, and detention time.
MEDICAL INSURANCE: We offer health, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability insurance. Health, dental, and vision insurance are affordable for the entire family, with premium rates that are below the industry average.
LIFE INSURANCE: The company pays for $10,000 in life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, with the option for employees to purchase additional coverage for themselves, their spouse, and children.
DISABILITY INSURANCE: Our disability insurances provide peace of mind to cover medical costs and every day living expenses if our drivers are off the road due to an accident or medical reason.
SAFETY BONUS: Our quarterly safety bonus rewards drivers for doing their job safely. Drivers who achieve the quarterly bonus every quarter of the year receive an extra $200 bonus.
FUEL BONUS: We offer a quarterly fuel bonus. Our drivers get cash back for purchasing fuel in our network and extra money if they are in the top 20% for fuel mileage. The top three drivers with the best fuel mileage get an additional $400 for the quarter.
REFERRAL BONUS: Some companies offer a hiring bonus. We would rather reward our current employees so we offer a $1,000 referral bonus to any driver who refers another driver that we end up hiring.
401K: Our industry-leading 401k plan matches 20% of contributions, up to 15% of income. An example is needed to illustrate how great the 401k benefit is. A driver making $70,000 per year and contributing the full 15% will contribute $10,500 per year. Schulz Transportation would contribute an additional $2,100 per year, bringing the total to $12,600 per year. For younger drivers looking for a long-term home, this benefit alone gives you a great chance to be able to retire comfortably.
EQUIPMENT: Our equipment is a big selling point to potential drivers. We purchase new equipment every year so our oldest trucks are less than 5 years old. All of our trucks have top-notch interior, 485 horsepower engines, an APU, refrigerators, and free SiriusXM radio. We are currently running both Peterbilt 579’s and Kenworth T-680’s. Trucks are governed at 70 mph on cruise and 72 mph on the pedal for easier passing. We have a team of four mechanics who do an excellent job keeping all of our trucks and trailers in excellent condition for less break downs and down time on the road. Our onsite wash bay allows for weekly truck washes.
Our benefits show how much our drivers mean to us. We are happy to be able to offer these benefits to the people who have made our company what it is today! If you think you would be a good match for Schulz Transportation, apply today.
- $72,500 is the average annual salary
- Consistent miles between 3,200 and 3,600 miles a week
- Paid actual odometer or hub miles you drive, except for personal miles
- Paid the same for loaded or empty miles
- Extra drop pay, extra pick-up pay, and detention pay
- Safety bonus paid quarterly
- Fuel bonus paid quarterly
- Referral bonus
- Weekly direct deposit
Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Health and prescription drug insurance with a nationwide network
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you, your spouse, and children with premium rates below the industry average
- Company provides $10,000 in life insurance for you with the option for additional coverage for you, your spouse, and children
- Disability insurances to cover medical and every day living expenses if you are off the road for an accident or medical reason
- Eligible after 60 days of employment
- The company matches 20% of the first 15% that you contribute
- Eligible after 60 days of employment
- One-week paid vacation after one year of employment
- Two-weeks paid vacation after two years of employment
- Three-weeks paid vacation after five years of employment
- Paid for an extra week of vacation after ten years of employment
- Peterbilt 579’s and Kenworths T-680’s
- 485 horsepower and 18-speed transmission
- Governed speed of 70 mph on cruise and 72 mph on the pedal for easier passing
- SiriusXM Radio (Company-paid)
- Prepass, K-Tag, I-Pass, Norpass
- Shop and wash bay onsite for weekly service and truck washes
- May take a passenger after 90 days of service
- Passenger must be at least ten years old
- Small dogs allowed
Schulz Transportation Services is a reefer operation with one terminal in Lincoln, Nebraska. We have 75 tractors that run from the Midwest to the West Coast and Northwest. Our routes work best for drivers who live in Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Idaho, the Denver area, the Salt Lake City area, the Los Angeles area, and northern Illinois.
If you are safety-minded, hard-working, and meet the minimum hiring requirements below, please fill out an application or contact us to answer your questions.
Minimum Hiring Requirements
- Valid Class A CDL and DOT medical card.
- At least 23 years old.
- At least two years verifiable tractor/trailer experience, or at least one year experience and a certified truck driving school certificate.
- No more than three jobs in the last 12 months and no more than seven jobs in the past 36 months.
- No serious or disqualifying traffic violation in the last three years on MVR or PSP report (roadside inspections). This includes speeding 15 mph or more, following too close, reckless driving, improper or erratic lane change, hit and run, texting or using a hand-held phone.
- No more than three moving violations in the past 36 months and no more than two moving violations in the past 12 months on MVR and PSP report.
- PSP (roadside inspection report) for the last three years must have no drug and alcohol violation, no red flag safety violation, no more than one driver out-of-service inspection, no more than one false log violation, and no more than five violations combined in the unsafe, hours-of-service compliance, and driver fitness BASICs.
- No preventable accidents involving a fatality, injury, or tow-away in the last 36 months.
- No DWI/DUI in the past five years.
- No positive DOT drug or alcohol test in the past 36 months.
- No felony conviction in the past seven years involving drugs, theft, violence, or human trafficking.