Why drive for Schulz Transportation? What makes us different from any other trucking company? First of all, not every driver will be a perfect match for our company. The type of driver that will be happiest here will want to work hard when he is away from home and be able to spend time at home every week. Our drivers are typically home a minimum of 34 hours every single week and will still travel 3,000+ miles every week. To be able to have a minimum 34 hours a week at home, our drivers are expected to make the absolute most out of their legal drive time. Trucking and home life, historically, have not worked very well together. We feel like we do an excellent job making them more compatible. We strive to help our drivers generate good income for their families and still have the time at home to be able to enjoy it with them.
Our list of benefits is one that gives our employees great opportunity and rewards drivers who give us extra effort. We offer health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, and free SiriusXM radio in every truck. Our benefits include an industry-leading 401k plan in which we match 20% of your contribution, up to 15% of your income.
An example is needed to illustrate how great this benefit is. If you make $50,000 per year and contribute the full 15%, you will be contributing $7,500 per year, and Schulz Transportation would contribute an additional $1,500 per year, bringing the total to $9,000 per year. For younger drivers looking for a long term home, this benefit alone gives you a great chance to be able to retire comfortably. We also offer a fuel bonus. You get $.02 for every gallon you purchase from any Love’s or Sapp Bros. truck stop. The bonus goes up to $.03 for each gallon if you are in the top 20% for fuel mileage. The top three drivers with the best fuel mileage get an additional $400 for the quarter. Our benefits show how much our drivers mean to us. We are happy to be able to offer these benefits to the people who have made our company what it is today!
Our equipment is a big selling point to potential drivers. By September of 2019, our oldest truck will be the model year 2013. Nearly all of our trucks have top-notch interior, 485 horsepower engines, an APU, and refrigerators. We are currently running both Peterbilt 579’s and Kenworth T-680’s. Both are excellent trucks and provide comfort on the road, like no other trucks before them. Our Trailers are a combination of Utility and Great Dane and Thermo King and Carrier. We have a team of 4 mechanics that do an excellent job keeping all of our CARB-compliant trailers in excellent condition. Our onsite wash bay allows for weekly truck washes.
Good money, excellent benefits, home time, great equipment, and courteous employees are all reasons to join Schulz Transportation. If you’re looking for a place to work hard and get home, this is the place for you! Please fill out an application or contact us to answer your questions if you think you would be a good match for Schulz Transportation!
- Consistent miles between 3,200 and 3,600 miles a week
- Single driver pay is $0.40 per hub mile; team pay is $0.41 per hub mile split. New driver’s average gross pay is $1,300 to $1,400 per week.
- Paid actual odometer or hub miles you drive, except for personal miles
- Paid the same for loaded or empty miles
- Extra drop and extra pick-up pay
- The company pays for lumpers
- Fuel bonus paid quarterly
- Weekly direct deposit
Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Health insurance with a nationwide network
- The company pays about 70% a month towards your health insurance premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Eligible after 60 days of employment
- The company matches 20% of the first 15% that you contribute
- Eligible after 60 days of employment
- One-week paid vacation after one year of employment
- Two-weeks paid vacation after two years of employment
- Three-weeks paid vacation after five years of employment
- Paid for an extra week of vacation after ten years of employment
- Peterbilt 579’s and Kenworths T-680’s
- 485 horsepower and 18-speed transmission
- SiriusXM Radio (Company-paid)
- Prepass, K-Tag, I-Pass, Norpass
- Shop and wash bay onsite for weekly service and truck washes
- May take a passenger after 90 days of service
- Passenger must be at least ten years old
- Small dogs allowed
Schulz Transportation Services is a reefer operation with one terminal in Lincoln, Nebraska. We have 75 tractors that run from the Midwest to the West Coast and Northwest. Our routes work best for drivers who live in Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Idaho, northern Illinois, and the greater Denver area.
If you are safety-minded, hard-working, and meet the minimum hiring requirements below, please fill out an application or contact us to answer your questions.
Minimum Hiring Requirements
- Valid Class A CDL and DOT medical card.
- At least 23 years old.
- At least two years verifiable tractor/trailer experience, or at least one year experience and a certified truck driving school certificate.
- No more than three jobs in the last 12 months and no more than seven jobs in the past 36 months.
- No serious or disqualifying traffic violation in the last three years on MVR or PSP report (roadside inspections).
- This includes speeding 15 mph or more, following too close, reckless driving, improper or erratic lane change, hit and run, texting or using a hand-held phone.
- No more than three moving violations in the past 36 months and no more than two moving violations in the past 12 months on MVR and PSP report.
- PSP (roadside inspection report) for the last three years must have no drug and alcohol violation, no red flag safety violation, no more than one driver out-of-service inspection, no more than one false log violation, and no more than five violations combined in the unsafe, hours-of-service compliance, and driver fitness BASICs.
- No preventable accidents involving a fatality, injury, or tow-away in the last 36 months.
- No DWI/DUI in the past five years.
- No positive DOT drug or alcohol test in the past 36 months.
- No felony conviction in the past seven years involving drugs, theft, violence, or human trafficking.